Monday, August 1, 2011

Princess in the Park

Today we started our day with a run through the Diana, Princess of Wales Playground. This playground is one of several in London that is not open to adults unless they come with children. Fortunately they do open the gates between 9:30 and 10am for unaccompanied adults.

Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Price.



The park has a Peter Pan theme. Not pictured: a giant pirate ship.

Flatmate Theresa

Kids and their mums, waiting for the gates to open at 10am.

From there we went to the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain. This isn't a traditional fountain, but instead is a circular water feature with water flowing in both directions from the top of a hill crest to the bottom. Today was really hot (for London)--about 80 degrees. There were lots of people, especially kids, playing in the water.




I kicked off my sandals and waded too. And then I put my shoes back on and waded some more. Gotta love Keens!


We concluded the day with afternoon tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace. I'm looking for a nice place to take my daughter for tea. This just might be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment